Wednesday, September 7, 2011

2011 School Theme

"Treat others how you would want to be treated"


We've been busy so the fact that I actually got a theme this year prob wasn't possible without my sister Mindy. I'm grateful for moments like this were technology can help us plan an important day with our kids starting school just within seconds rather than weeks or months through the mail.
Our theme was "The Golden Rule" along with the book "You Are Special"


As I have been going through the girls couple days of school especially the first day, I feel there was a reason we did the theme we did. .... H.F must have known what would happen to my sweet little girl on her first day of first grade. Min, I don't know what you were doing or how you "got in tuned" if you want to call it that but i feel it totally helped us, even me.
Here are comments and things I wrote to my family and friends Monday 8-22-11.
We got so many responses and kind words that made me tear more. They were encouraging and telling Hallie she is Beautiful!! Even her Kindergarten teacher who offered to go talk with those kids and be there for hugs anytime Hallie needed one. We love Mrs. Lyman. The next day I even had a few friends and family ask how Hallie's day was the second day. Hallie told me it was much better and that Mrs. Jolley read a book about shapes who called each other names and were mean. Then they had a class talk. ( I emailed the teacher to let her aware of the issue) The teacher emailed me back so quick and was awesome about it.
This is such a very sensitive issue to me. I was very bullied. Not just in one school or one grade. My WHOLE life through elementary and Jr high .. some HS. It has made me who i am today, not strong as id like to be, very low self esteem etc. I don't want that for my kids.

My nieces EVEN in Germany last year had a very horrible experience with bullying on the way several times. I cried for them and wanted to be there to rescue them and give them hugs. ITS NOT OKAY!!! I pray for all children and especially mine to have a great fun year and love learning and to know they are awesome cause they are them!....
more to come

DAY 2: 8-23-2011

No comments: